2014 Modified Car Rules
- Any safe modified type race car with a wheel base between 104” – 110”
– maximum tread width 84” when measured at wheel bead
– 2.00 inch minimum ride height with driver before heats, cons and feature (NO LIFTING ALLOWED)
- All cars must have their own transponder and must be mounted on the right side 12” back from the CL of the rear axle
– all 390 carbs must meet STAR and VMRS rules
– All total and left side weight are with driver strapped in seat before starting heat and feature.
– Alum Head Motors 6.8 LBS. X cubic inch plus 175 lbs minimum total weight will be no less than 2575 lbs. 56% maximum left side weight. Max compression ration 12:1 for 18 degree motors only.
– ANY NON PORTED steel cal head 6.8 X cubic inch plus 175 lbs -60 lbs. 2550 minimum. Any size carburetor allowed. 56% maximum left side weight.
– ANY STEEL PORTED HEAD 6.8 x cubic inch plus 175 lbs – 50 lbs minimum weight 2575. Must run a 390 carburetor and will be allowed to run open boosters. 56 maximum left side weight
– The only Crate motor allowed will be GM PN 58958604 fast burn. Cam change is allowed 6.8 X cubic inch plus 175 – 60 lbs. Minimum weight 2500 pounds. 57 % left side weight. Maximum 650 cfm carburetor only. No modifications other than removal of the choke tower.
– SK Modified 6.8 X cubic inch plus 175 – 60 lbs. Minimum Weight 2500 lbs. 57 % maximum left side weight. Maximum 650 cfm carburetor only. No modifications other than removal of the choke tower.
– Non Quick Change Rear End will be allowed. Rear Must be locked.
– No Tire Softener Allowed.
– TRI-Y Headers allowed.
– Mufflers are mandatory.
SPOILER HEIGHT / WIDTH
– 48.00 inches max width.
– 8.00 inch max blade height must be clear lexan
– A maximum height of 44.0 inches from the ground to the top of spoiler with driver
– Sunoco, VP, power mist type fuel allowed max octane 112
– NO fuel additives